What is the best software in the market for video editing today? It largely depends on what you want to use it for, and your level of skill and experience. For example the software used by a film making professional with a high powered Mac will not be the same as the best video editing software for a newbie YouTuber wanting to edit footage on his smartphone. So here we will bring you a selection of top quality software for different situations, and give you the knowledge you need to decide which is best for you.
Let’s dive in! Here are our recs for the top 10 best pieces of video editing software or video editing apps
1. Adobe Premiere Pro
The best video editing software for professionals using windows. Windows and Mac / multi-cam editing. 3D editing / free trial / best for video editing professionals, video editing students.
- Excellent automatic functions
- Industry standard video editing tool
- Free trial available
2. Final Cut Pro X: the best choice for Mac users
If you’re an Apple fan, Final Cut Pro is the video editing software for you. Coming in a very close second to the quality and feature-rich toolset of Premiere, Final Cut Pro will have you editing videos like a pro in no time.
- Magnetic, trackless timeline.
- Superior organization tools, including libraries, ratings, tagging, auto analysis for faces, scenes.
- Support for 360-degree footage and HDR.
- Multicam support.
- Fast performance.
- iPad Sidecar and MacBook Touch Bar support.
3. Adobe Premiere Elements: the best options for beginners
If you’re new to video editing, you won’t find a better, not to mention much more affordable than its bigger sibling, software option. Adobe Premiere Elements has everything you need to get started, without the steep learning curve and regular monthly costs.
- Any camera. Any format. Any platform.
- Automatically reformat your videos
- Take the guesswork out of curve adjustments
- Extend your editing platform wherever you are
- Save time with Stock Audio
- Detect edits automatically
4. Corel VideoStudio Ultimate
High quality video editing software for beginners.
Corel is very capable tool has a lovely, very visual interface that makes it easy to get started with video editing, while there are some powerful features to discover once you’ve mastered the basics. These include motion tracking, 4K support, 360-degrees VR video support, a music library, multi-cam support, 3D text editing and thousands of effects. All of which makes this tool very good value for the relatively low price.
- Really easy to pick up
- Nice selection of features
Wondershare’s Filmora9 is a strong video editing tool for enthusiasts, or those just getting started with editing. The intuitive interface should make it easy to get started with, and there are built-in titles, effects and filters designed for budding YouTubers. There’s also a library of royalty-free sound effects and music to give your videos impact – plus the ability to record your own media to include, directly within the tool.
- Simple to use
- Reasonable price
- 4K support
- Free version to try